Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Bedtime Alarm Issue - Silent Until First Snooze

Ever since updating to iOS 13.4.1, I've experienced a strange issue with the Bedtime Alarm. I have it set to alarm at 7:00 AM, but when it alarms, the alarm notification screen is visible but it is silent. If I hit snooze and wait, the alarm sound is audible after the first snooze. If I'm explaining it well enough, has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, does anyone know why it is suddenly doing this and/or if there is a fix?

Thanks,

Kyle

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 11:45 AM

Hey there neokyle,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand there is no audible alert for your Bedtime alarm. The Snooze sound does work though. I’ll be happy to help.

Open the Clock app and tap the Bedtime tab. Under Schedule, tap Bedtime or Wake Up and turn off Bedtime Schedule in the top right corner. Force close the Clock app and then restart your iPhone after this:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Turn your Bedtime Schedule back on after this. After this, go back to the Bedtime tab and tap Options in the top left. Change your Wake Up Sound and see if this has any impact on the issue. You can read more about how to do this here:

Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone

Let me know if this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 11:45 AM in response to neokyle

Hey there neokyle,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand there is no audible alert for your Bedtime alarm. The Snooze sound does work though. I’ll be happy to help.

Open the Clock app and tap the Bedtime tab. Under Schedule, tap Bedtime or Wake Up and turn off Bedtime Schedule in the top right corner. Force close the Clock app and then restart your iPhone after this:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Turn your Bedtime Schedule back on after this. After this, go back to the Bedtime tab and tap Options in the top left. Change your Wake Up Sound and see if this has any impact on the issue. You can read more about how to do this here:

Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone

Let me know if this helps.

iPhone Bedtime Alarm Issue - Silent Until First Snooze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.