Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm clock volume lowers after playing for 3 seconds

iphone 13pro with iOS 15.4.1

I’ve missed my alarm clock multiple times because initially the alarm rings at full volume, then quiets down after 3 seconds. Why is it doing this? It’s annoying cuz I can’t hear the alarm even tho it’s a full volume.

Also when I set a timer, the volume will play at different levels. If I hold it straight up like it’s in my hand, it plays quiet. If I lay it down it rings at full volume. It also changes volume while I angle it from horizontal to vertical. Is this a feature? Does it effect the alarm clock too?

Plz help

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 7:23 AM

Deactivate the option "Attention Aware".

Settings > Face ID and passcode > Attention Aware features

Turn Attention Aware features on or off on your iPhone or iPad Pro

What are Attention Aware features?

Even if you don’t enroll in Face ID, the TrueDepth camera* intelligently activates to support Attention Aware features. With Attention Aware features, iPhone can check whether you’re paying attention to your device and automatically take action. For example,

• When you’re looking at your device, your display will not dim until you stop looking at your device.
  • If you're looking at your device, it will lower the volume sound of your alerts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 7:23 AM in response to BUCKst

Deactivate the option "Attention Aware".

Settings > Face ID and passcode > Attention Aware features

Turn Attention Aware features on or off on your iPhone or iPad Pro

What are Attention Aware features?

Even if you don’t enroll in Face ID, the TrueDepth camera* intelligently activates to support Attention Aware features. With Attention Aware features, iPhone can check whether you’re paying attention to your device and automatically take action. For example,

• When you’re looking at your device, your display will not dim until you stop looking at your device.
  • If you're looking at your device, it will lower the volume sound of your alerts.

Alarm clock volume lowers after playing for 3 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.