Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many problems after Catalina install

Hi, since installing Catalina over a week ago I've had many many problems that have rendered my Mac Mini pretty much unusable.

1. Apps constantly verifying several times (i.e. Affinity Photo)
  2. Trash will not empty (shows emptying trash progress bar until I restart Finder)
  3. Apps will not launch (bounce in the dock for ages then do nothing)
  4. Mac running generally very slow (as if its doing something constanty in the background)

Things I've tried:

1. Booting into safe mode
  2. Running Disk utility
  3. Performing daily/weekly/monthly scripts
  4. Clearing startup items
  5. Creating a new profile

Nothing has worked. Can anyone help please?

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 5:41 AM

I would download and install the 10.15.4 Combo Update.

If that doesn't clear up the issues, run EtreCheck and post the Report here in the Additional Text area (document icon).

EtreCheck is free to use for viewing and posting the text report it generates. Use the Share Report > Copy Report button command to copy the report and then paste it here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 5:41 AM in response to mjPix

I would download and install the 10.15.4 Combo Update.

If that doesn't clear up the issues, run EtreCheck and post the Report here in the Additional Text area (document icon).

EtreCheck is free to use for viewing and posting the text report it generates. Use the Share Report > Copy Report button command to copy the report and then paste it here.

Many problems after Catalina install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.