Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

image view/thumbnail green

macOS High Sierra 13 in air 2017

1.8 intel core i5

search engine google images green and sometimes black. Even tried downloading image to view same prob only shows up when trying to zoom for a second, has only started happening after update 10.13.6 anyone else with same problem?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:12 AM

Double check if you have Apple menu -> System preferences -> Energy Saver -> Automatic Graphics switching on.

If you don't have that option, it could be your graphics chip is having some trouble rendering images.

Is this on all websites?

3 replies

Apr 24, 2020 1:01 PM in response to J03Ranger

If you are talking the green flash before actual presentation of images, I don't think that is of major concern.

That's just the software behind rendering the image taking a moment to render.

If it remains green even with an at resolution copy of the image, then I'd be more concerned.

Thumbnails are approximate filled in copies of images. And especially high resolution thumb nails that have been shrunk to fit a certain resolution will have to omit pixels that make the whole image. Part of a problem of displaying UltraHD images on an HD display at less than optimum resolution.

To test the theory, get the full resolution of the image saved to your desktop, and use http://www.lemkesoft.com/ GraphicConverter to open the file. If at 100% it shows no artifacts it is the approximation that is causing the image problems.

image view/thumbnail green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.