Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Achievement Badges Missing After Switching to New iPhone SE

Anyone else have an issue where achievement badges were lost after switching to new iPhone? I still have them in my watch, I’ve tried restart - several times, no change... :(

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 9:01 PM

Thank you for your efford, but not helpful...my health and fitness data were transferred, only badges were missing...

I want to go back in time!! Another issue just happened...Yesterdays data from evening are deleted in watch, in Activity app, they appear only in Health app!! This is insane!! I remember i had those 513 kcal burned when i did the backup, before I went to bed, I had around 560... It looks like watch is not remembering the data now!!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 9:01 PM in response to Community User

Thank you for your efford, but not helpful...my health and fitness data were transferred, only badges were missing...

I want to go back in time!! Another issue just happened...Yesterdays data from evening are deleted in watch, in Activity app, they appear only in Health app!! This is insane!! I remember i had those 513 kcal burned when i did the backup, before I went to bed, I had around 560... It looks like watch is not remembering the data now!!

Apr 24, 2020 9:33 AM in response to Community User

I unpaired the watch from the watch app on the old phone, backup was made, when I logged in to the new phone, everything was restored from backup, watch was connected to the new phone and everything except the achievements badges is there... On the old phone, there are only the ‘old’ data in app Activity (data till todays 1PM when I started using the new phone)+the badge

apple watch printscreen, old phone printscreen, new phone printscreen:

Apr 24, 2020 8:28 AM in response to lucis_k

Did you unpair the watch from the watch app on the phone?,if you did then a backup of everything was made and when you setup the watch with your new phone then you choose restore from backup and everything will be put on the new phone.

Apr 24, 2020 9:44 AM in response to lucis_k

This requires itunes;

This assumes you still have your old device and it hasn't been reset in any way.And you must have access to itunes app.

1. Unpair apple watch from new phone

2. Pair that watch with your old phone

3. Unpair watch from old phone. This creates a backup that includes your health and awards data to use in a future step.

4. Backup old phone to iTunes.

5. Restore backup you made in itunes to your new phone.

6. Pair apple watch to new phone.

Apr 24, 2020 10:31 AM in response to Community User

I use iTunes, so this should be OK. After step 2 my watches was completely with no data at all :( just like brand new...so I’ve unpaired from the old phone, stressed out that I’ve completely lost all data, fortunately, after pairing with my new phone, it offered me to restore from the backup...at this point, I’m happy that I haven’t lost my data at all... however, the badges from the watch are gone...now, they are in the old phone only :(

Apr 24, 2020 7:55 AM in response to lucis_k

Did you unpair your watch from your old phone?.Doing this creates a backup of all your awards and badges and you can restore this backup to your new phone.

Apr 24, 2020 11:16 AM in response to lucis_k

When you made a backup of your old phone in itunes did you select "Encrypted backup",you have to select this otherwise the backup won't contain your health and fitness data.

Apple Watch Achievement Badges Missing After Switching to New iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.