Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Restore Pages?

How Do I Get Pages Back? I have High Sierra and can't advance to Catalina (reasons). I accidentally trashed a piece of my Pages app and it doens't work now. The only available Pages install from the App Store works only with Catalina. I can't seem to find it in Time Machine. Help!

I have an iMac 27 in. late 2013.

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 8:45 AM

Since you can't find Pages in your Time Machine back up, trash the full Pages.app you currently have.

Then, launch the App Store and go to your Purchases tab. You should see Pages in your list of apps and an Install button to the right. Click the Install button and you should see the following but for Pages. When you do, click on Download and you'll get the High Sierra version (v8.1) of Pages.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 8:45 AM in response to kennethfromfortbragg

Since you can't find Pages in your Time Machine back up, trash the full Pages.app you currently have.

Then, launch the App Store and go to your Purchases tab. You should see Pages in your list of apps and an Install button to the right. Click the Install button and you should see the following but for Pages. When you do, click on Download and you'll get the High Sierra version (v8.1) of Pages.

Apr 24, 2020 8:20 AM in response to kennethfromfortbragg

Restore Pages from your Time Machine backup using Dock : Launchpad : Other : Time Machine. Or, hold the options key while clicking the Purchaes tab on the Mac App Store application. Does it offer to download/upgrade the Pages entry there. At best, this will reinstall Pages v8.1, and worst, nothing at all.

Apple does not maintain user accessible, full-version, past Pages application installers for download.

If that is the military reference to Ft. Bragg, its been awhile since I was last there.

How Do I Restore Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.