Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Blinking in Finder

My iPhone is just blinking in the Finder sidebar and never stays long enough to click "Trust." Has anyone found a solution? I have already tried multiple Apple-brand cables.

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 9:24 AM

I followed the steps to reset the NVRAM/PRAM, but my iPhone continued to blink in the Finder. Then, I booted up in safe mode, and my iPhone did not appear at all in Finder. However, when I checked the USB Device Tree (within System Report...), my iPhone appeared there.

7 replies

Apr 28, 2020 1:21 PM in response to sterling r

This did not resolve my issue.

My iPhone shows up in System Information. However, in the Finder window, my iPhone appears and disappears at regular intervals - as if it is blinking quickly. This "blinking" is also apparent on the phone as the lightning bolt in the middle of the battery icon also appears and disappears at regular intervals. I have tried both USB ports, and this also occurs with my iPad.

Apr 25, 2020 6:08 PM in response to Kettleer

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Kettleer.

If I understand your post correctly, you're not able to select Trust when connecting your iPhone to your Mac. I’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

May 13, 2020 7:04 AM in response to Kettleer

Hello Kettleer.

I'd recommend this reset:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If this issue continues after the reset, let's do some testing to narrow down the issue.

Safe mode will tell us if the issue is related to a startup item or plugins, and sometimes corrects the issue. This article will tell you how: How to use safe mode on your Mac

If everything is working correctly in safe mode, but is not working when you get back to your user account, please check the section titled "If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode" for the next troubleshooting steps.

If the issue continues while in safe mode, a test user will let us know if the issue is isolated to your account, or system wide: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac. If the issue happens in the test user also, then please check the section titled "If the issue happens in the other account."

Cheers.

iPhone Blinking in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.