Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issue with video tempo in iMovie

So I filmed a video essentially lypsincing a song on my iPhone. I imported that video into iMovie and then I tried to substitute the actual audio for the video audio. The vide is clearly at a different tempo than the actual song I lip-synced to. I'm trying to see if anyone has had this issue and if it is traceable to...

1. The I iPhone XR video recording process
  2. The importing of that video

and is there a fix?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 1:09 PM

By "different tempo" I assume that you are talking about a sync issue. Sync issues can occur when the audio is recorded on a different device than the video. Could be a difference in sample rates, 44.1 kHz versus 48 kHz. A sample rate of 44.1 kHz plays slightly slower than 48 kHz. Or perhaps the video is running a little faster than the audio clip.

You might try expanding out your time line and control-clicking on either the audio clip or the video clip in the timline, and choosing Show Speed Editor from the drop down menu. That will cause a slider handle to appear in the upper right hand corner of the clip that you can use to extend or shrink the size of the clip to increase or decrease its speed. You might be able to use that feature to toggle either the video or audio very slightly to align the audio with the video.

Otherwise, you would need to use an audio editing app to make the finite adjustment, or resample the audio clip if necessary.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 1:09 PM in response to insidejokemusic

By "different tempo" I assume that you are talking about a sync issue. Sync issues can occur when the audio is recorded on a different device than the video. Could be a difference in sample rates, 44.1 kHz versus 48 kHz. A sample rate of 44.1 kHz plays slightly slower than 48 kHz. Or perhaps the video is running a little faster than the audio clip.

You might try expanding out your time line and control-clicking on either the audio clip or the video clip in the timline, and choosing Show Speed Editor from the drop down menu. That will cause a slider handle to appear in the upper right hand corner of the clip that you can use to extend or shrink the size of the clip to increase or decrease its speed. You might be able to use that feature to toggle either the video or audio very slightly to align the audio with the video.

Otherwise, you would need to use an audio editing app to make the finite adjustment, or resample the audio clip if necessary.

-- Rich

issue with video tempo in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.