Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final cut pro x - My screen recorded mp4 video by iphone is silent when played in FCPX after imported

Hi guys, I record a video with screen recording in my iphone. When it's played after imported into the FCPX, I find that it is totally silent. While it does have sound when played with quicktime player.

How am I supposed to edit this video with sound included in FCPX?

FCPX ver: 10.3.4 tiral

OS ver: macOS High Sierra ( 10.13.6 )

phone: iphone x ( ios 13.3 )

video from: RPReplay_Final157xxxxxx88.MP4

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 11:44 PM

2 replies

Dec 24, 2019 4:50 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you sir, just remember that you have mentioned this practice in the book FINAL CUT PRO X BEYOND THE BASICS, 2nd.

And I have again found several another ways to tackle the above issue:

1. Convert the video in the Finder to ProRes with Encode Selected Video Files, which should be enabled first.
  2. Change the iphone video extension from .MP4 to .mov directly, then try to import it into FCPX and check the sound
  3. Convert with Quicktime Player: open the video with Quicktime Player, then choose File ->Export As ->4K..., and import the newly exported 4k video into FCPX and check the sound
  4. Convert in the compressor

Thank you for writing the excellent book FINAL CUT PRO X BEYOND THE BASICS, 2nd.

Final cut pro x - My screen recorded mp4 video by iphone is silent when played in FCPX after imported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.