Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad issue with mouse

I’m using a wireless bluetooth mouse on my Ipad as a pointer device. When scrolling up or down on any menu in any app wether it’s safari, mail, settings etc.. the “scrolling action” keeps getting stuck after lifting my finger of the mouse and moves the screen up and down without pressing anything. Just gets stuck on the pointer device’s location on the screen and moves with it

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 1:50 PM

Hello,

I understand your problem a little more. When using a mouse on iPad it is not simply just emulating Touch. It is acting just like a cursor would on a Macintosh or Windows PC. When you click and drag the screen in Safari on Mac it will start selecting text rather than scrolling the screen. Since you are not using Apple’s Magic Mouse the touch scrolling will not work. If you were to purchase Apple’s Magic Mouse 2 then you will gain the ability to do proper scrolling.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 1:50 PM in response to MattB1450

Hello,

I understand your problem a little more. When using a mouse on iPad it is not simply just emulating Touch. It is acting just like a cursor would on a Macintosh or Windows PC. When you click and drag the screen in Safari on Mac it will start selecting text rather than scrolling the screen. Since you are not using Apple’s Magic Mouse the touch scrolling will not work. If you were to purchase Apple’s Magic Mouse 2 then you will gain the ability to do proper scrolling.

Apr 24, 2020 1:19 PM in response to QuickPost

As you can see in the video the first two times I move the screen up and down the scrolling action doesn’t stick to my cursor, but then after that it does, and the screen continues to scroll up and down locked on the cursor’s position even though my finger is not pressing down on the mouse https://share.icloud.com/photos/0GCBjzLGgB-hDyf2u3dO2Z-7A

Apr 24, 2020 1:45 PM in response to QuickPost

I will do that. I also have another issue maybe you might know more then me about. When i’m in Safari I can’t click on the screen to drag the page up and down. It just highlights things. Using the scroll bar on the right side of the screen is the only way to move up and down. The mouse wheel also does nothing. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Xv8LcRHZFXu0Bw6hsIFo3LfQ

Ipad issue with mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.