Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to clear safari history

I am unable to clear my sons search history in safari. The clear history button is greyed out. I an clear website data but not search history.

can someone help me?

thanks

Mark

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 2:33 PM

Yes- the clear button is greyed out. I just spoke to Apple support and helped resolve the issue. The reason the clear history button is grayed out is due to the fact that I have enabled Screen Time for my kids. Disabling screen time will then allow your kids to clear history. I think it’s a safety measure to allow parents to view sites their children go to and to track activity.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 2:33 PM in response to Eric Root

Yes- the clear button is greyed out. I just spoke to Apple support and helped resolve the issue. The reason the clear history button is grayed out is due to the fact that I have enabled Screen Time for my kids. Disabling screen time will then allow your kids to clear history. I think it’s a safety measure to allow parents to view sites their children go to and to track activity.

Unable to clear safari history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.