Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac too slow

I barely have used my iMac since I've bought it and now it is running extremely slow and lags a lot. I've deleted a lot of old files but not sure if I need more memory or ? currently have 8gig.

Please find attached EtreCheck report.

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 1:27 PM

Reset the NVRAM and reboot in Safe Mode and then retest.

The only things I see is there is no backup for the computer (a certain guarantee of lost data). At the very very least you should be using Time Machine to backup.

The computer could also use a RAM upgrade to a minimum of 16GB. If you decide to do this then please only use Crucial.com or Macsales.com RAM.

NVRAM Reset

Safe Mode Reset instructions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 1:27 PM in response to mehdifromhouston

Reset the NVRAM and reboot in Safe Mode and then retest.

The only things I see is there is no backup for the computer (a certain guarantee of lost data). At the very very least you should be using Time Machine to backup.

The computer could also use a RAM upgrade to a minimum of 16GB. If you decide to do this then please only use Crucial.com or Macsales.com RAM.

NVRAM Reset

Safe Mode Reset instructions

iMac too slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.