Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions passcode

I put restrictions on my old iPhone and forgot the passcode. All the same restrictions transferred to my new iPhone and I still can’t figure out what the passcode is. Is there a way to bypass the passcode and reset the restrictions??

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:14 PM

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to ➔ Remove the Passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode.

If you have updated to 13.4 AND HAD SETUP THE PASSCODE while using iOS 13.4 then follow these instructions ➔ If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 7:14 PM in response to melanieje84

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to ➔ Remove the Passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode.

If you have updated to 13.4 AND HAD SETUP THE PASSCODE while using iOS 13.4 then follow these instructions ➔ If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Axel F.

Restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.