Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch calling emergency services with no reason

My Apple Watch has called emergency services (911) while I have been talking to people. This has happened twice in the past month. I have had my watch for almost 3 years now and have never experienced this issue. What would be causing this to happen?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:58 PM

You might be pressing the side button if you’ve enabled SOS Auto Dial

Look in the Watch app on your iPhone . In the My Watch Tab - Emergency SOS - scroll down to automatic dialling - turn off Hold Side Button.

if that’s not the case: restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

4 replies

Apr 25, 2020 2:18 PM in response to Eljay90

You’re welcome.

Some updates do change settings. I use this one anyways so I wouldn’t notice. Having said that it does have its drawbacks like if you lean over and your arm presses against something, but an option to cancel comes up

It’s handy to have if you need to call for help and can’t speak, otherwise you can still use your watch to ask Siri to call 911 - just make sure you have listen for Hey Siri turned on to use that function. Or the option to press Digital Crown to summon Siri.. Both of these can be found in the Siri settings in my watch tab.

Stay safe.

Apple Watch calling emergency services with no reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.