Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questions about icloud storage

I keep getting notifications about how I have low icloud storage available. I went and checked my setting to see that my 4.9 of my 5G was taken up by photos. I googled how to fix this and it said that if you just delete photos from your photos app then they will also be removed from icloud storage. I deleted around 250 photos and 50 videos from my phone and then went into the bin in the photos app and deleted all from there. I went back onto the setting app to check to see how much this helped to see that it didn't change a thing. It still says 4.9 out of 5G was taken up by my photos despite me deleting a quarter of them. This doesn't make any sense. I do some more googling to find you can disable the photos app from icloud but I don't want all of my photos gone. How do I lower my storage if deleting photos and videos does absolutely nothing. I have no backups saved or anything so that won't contribute to the problem.

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 3:46 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 27, 2020 6:36 AM in response to sorry_

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, sorry_.

If I understand your post correctly, you're trying to free up space in iCloud but deleting some photos and videos didn't seem to help. I’d like to help.

Follow the steps in the "Make more space available in iCloud" section of this article:

Manage your iCloud storage

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Apr 27, 2020 2:31 PM in response to i_rina

I read through that section and it says

"Reduce the size of your iCloud Photos

iCloud Photos uses your iCloud storage to keep all of your photos and videos up to date across your devices. You can make more space in iCloud when you delete photos and videos that you no longer need from the Photos app on any of your devices."

I did delete many photos and videos from my photos app but this didn't lower the amount of my icloud storage that has been taken up.

Questions about icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.