Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4k keeps showing deleted pictures

Hello,

I have uploaded pictures from my phone by mistake in iCloud.

Then I deleted them using iCloud.com, and had to wait 1 month for the to be effectively removed, according to Apple.

The month is expired. And on iCloud.com it is confirmed that Photo Stream is OFF. No picture is visible indeed.

My iPhone has the Photos > iCloud tab on off (only "shared album" is on).

When I switch on the Apple TV 4K, the Shared albums are visible as expected, but all of my previous iPhone photo/video content is still there.

Why ? And how to get rid of it ?

Txs for your help.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 4:14 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2020 8:21 AM in response to Claude Cauwe

If you had setup iCloud Photos then it will have access to the full library and not use photo stream. Any photos deleted from the library will immediately be moved to the recently deleted section, where can wait 30 days for it to be removed or manually delete it for immediate removal. If photos were used for a screensaver then they are temporarily cached to the device, selecting a new screensaver will flush those from the system.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2020 2:44 AM in response to vazandrew

Sorry for my late reply - I did not receive any notification.

iCloud Photos is OFF.

Recently deleted photos is empty.

No screensaver used.

That's why I am very puzzled...

Picts were uploaded when I turned iCloud Photos ON by mistake (instead of just "shared folders").

I switched it off, and deleted all the picts. Had to wait the 30 days, and now they still show (although on iCloud.com, everything is empty as well.

Apple TV 4k keeps showing deleted pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.