Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Etrecheck Report

MacBook Pro running slow - on professional project... Any help appreciated...

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 12:56 PM

One further question please. My machine is mid-2015. And I know it's getting to be that time for a new one. However I note that my Etrecheck pro report after several improvements - clearing HD space to over 200MB, etc, I only get "Good" in my performance report. I have a 1TB Apple SSD and Etrecheck says this means there's still something wrong. What could this be? Thanks.

b

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2020 12:56 PM in response to bebopple

One further question please. My machine is mid-2015. And I know it's getting to be that time for a new one. However I note that my Etrecheck pro report after several improvements - clearing HD space to over 200MB, etc, I only get "Good" in my performance report. I have a 1TB Apple SSD and Etrecheck says this means there's still something wrong. What could this be? Thanks.

b

May 4, 2020 12:09 PM in response to a brody

Thank you - done.

I have another related question: While Max/MSP was not running due to too little free diskspace, I noticed in Activity Monitor that Apple's "YaraScan Service" was using 20-30% of my CPU and 6 - 34GB of my Memory (16GB). When I researched this I read that it's possible to remove YaraScan Service if other virus protection software is installed (I have Malwarebytes Premium). Do you know anything about this? https://superuser.com/questions/1337785/what-is-yarascanservice-that-shows-up-in-macos-mojave-beta-10-14-and-macos-h

Etrecheck Report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.