Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recaptcha

Hello all, I am having difficulty with websites that have the recaptcha embedded in them. I am using a MACBook pro version 10.14.6. My safari and chrome are both up to date. However I am still not able to get pasted the recaptcha. The message I am getting is "Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again." I have tried to go to wifi, open network preferences then proxies and change the IP to 127.0.01 and this does not work. Any suggestions are appreciated. I use this computer for work and can not access some necessary sites due to this.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 8:30 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2020 7:07 PM in response to Denise FNP

Here are some troubleshooting steps to follow, in no particular order:

Needless to say, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

Apr 25, 2020 7:52 PM in response to Denise FNP

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Recaptcha

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.