Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constantly prompted to install printer drivers I already have installed

Every time I restart my computer, I'm prompted with a software update window to install drivers for my printer. Funny thing is, I already have those drivers installed on my computer. On top of that, the drivers aren't available through the software update platform. I'd love to know if it's possible to disable this software update or at least tell my computer that I already have the drivers installed. Any clues? I'm a little stuck about how to do this.

-Rob

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 12:09 PM

You can get the driver for this device directly from HP from its last release of Oct 2019. The device should be connected and with power. Once you have installed it, you will need to reset your print system, so the updated driver can be recognized by your device.

2 replies

Apr 25, 2020 12:06 PM in response to robgwilson

Contact HP's tech support or visit their tech support site. The main reason you are likely to see such an error is because the driver you have installed is not compatible with the installed version of macOS. However, there is no current driver available that is compatible or, there is, but that driver is not the one you have installed. Contacting HP's support should get things straightened out.

Constantly prompted to install printer drivers I already have installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.