Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Saver Not Working - Mojave

Interesting that no one answered this question. My screen saver is no longer working - OSX Mojave 10.14.6.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 12:20 PM

7 replies

Jun 1, 2020 12:18 PM in response to dialabrain

I'm not OP, but I have similar problem. Recently upgraded my Yosemite to Mojave 10.14.6. Now my computer will neither go to Screen Saver (set to "Flurry" and start after 5 mins) nor Sleep (display set to Sleep after 10 mins, computer after 15 mins). The only way to use my Energy Saver features is to manually put my mac to sleep. I checked Activity Monitor and there are no apps preventing sleep. Thanks for any advice you have to offer.

Jun 2, 2020 9:48 AM in response to cmc1987

I discovered what's keeping the screen saver (and even sleep) from working: I have two external Seagate 8TB drives that are mirroring. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a way to pause the mirroring, but if I turn it off, the screen saver is working. I don't believe I had this issue before I upgraded to Mojave. But I guess it's something I'm going to have to live with.

Screen Saver Not Working - Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.