Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to 12.10.6.2 today - the update deleted all of my purchases from itunes

How do I restore my entire purchased library easily.

I know how to do individual songs...and I have a recent backup on a separate drive...but each option either takes time (not reasonable to click each song or album given volume) or loses information (backup drive - does not contain ratings).

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 9:52 AM

Aha!...you mentioning 'select all' triggered what i need to do...select all the error songs...right click to 'remove download'....then select all and right click to download.

Thanks so much for your help and patience!

8 replies

Apr 26, 2020 7:48 AM in response to turingtest2

There is an old .tmp file that was showing only thru Aug 2018...and one labeled Temp File 1.tmp dated more recently of Mar 2020.

The guidance vaguely says to maybe rename the good one to be iTunes Library.itl...

The songs are all listed properly in iTunes but the actual file itself is no longer (so my guess is above would not do anything)

I can click each song to produce the cloud and re-download...but that will take awhile...for 700+ songs

What is my best course?

Apr 26, 2020 8:46 AM in response to sttmurray

And you have no backup of the data? Are these files stored on any device they could be recovered from? Failing that you could create a new empty cloud library, select the range of tracks that need to be downloaded and download them in a batch, then move the copied files into the media folder of your primary library so they appear where that library is looking for them.

tt2

Upgraded to 12.10.6.2 today - the update deleted all of my purchases from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.