Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t turn passcode off

I have an iPhone 7 Plus, and when I go to Settings, Touch ID/Passcode, Turn Passcode Off is grey and not responsive. What can I do to turn it off? Thank you!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 12:02 AM

1. Do you use an email account from an organization that requires you maintain a passcode? Work email? if YES then that email account is prohibiting you from turning passcode OFF.
  2. If the above is NOT the case then check in Settings ➔ Screen Time ➔ Contents & Privacy ➔ Passcode Changes set to ALLOW
  3. If the above is NOT the case then open Settings General Profile and then tap on the profile and remove it (If one exists).

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2020 12:02 AM in response to emilyrslawson

1. Do you use an email account from an organization that requires you maintain a passcode? Work email? if YES then that email account is prohibiting you from turning passcode OFF.
  2. If the above is NOT the case then check in Settings ➔ Screen Time ➔ Contents & Privacy ➔ Passcode Changes set to ALLOW
  3. If the above is NOT the case then open Settings General Profile and then tap on the profile and remove it (If one exists).

Axel F.

Can’t turn passcode off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.