Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to latest iOS

Hi, I had a question regarding restoring from backup and updating iOS.

I want to reset my phone and restore from iCloud backup to try and clear some of the 'other' space.

I currently have my phone backed up on iOS 10.3.2, the same as what the phone is running on.

My question is if i erase all content and settings, then restore the phone from an iCloud backup, will it force me to update to the latest iOS 13?

Thanks in advance

iPhone SE, iOS 10

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 6:34 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, elliothindes!

I understand you want to know if erasing all content and settings and restoring from an iCloud backup will force you to update to iOS 13. I'd be happy to provide information about this.

When you erase all content and settings directly from the device, then restore from an iCloud backup, it will not cause you to have to update.

I hope this clears things up.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 6:34 AM in response to elliothindes

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, elliothindes!

I understand you want to know if erasing all content and settings and restoring from an iCloud backup will force you to update to iOS 13. I'd be happy to provide information about this.

When you erase all content and settings directly from the device, then restore from an iCloud backup, it will not cause you to have to update.

I hope this clears things up.

Have a great day!

Updating to latest iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.