Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant download Catalina!

I have a 2015 macbook air and when i try downloading Catalina from the app store it says "unknown error" every time. I cant download alot of apps unless i update but my Mac is saying there is no update available ????????

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 12:00 PM

Scratch that last entry. Have you following these instructions: Learn how to upgrade to macOS Catalina

If so and still unable boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and try downloading the installer again. Check your Applications folder for any file named "Install macOS Catalina.app" and, if there is one, delete it.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2020 12:00 PM in response to toronto41six

Scratch that last entry. Have you following these instructions: Learn how to upgrade to macOS Catalina

If so and still unable boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and try downloading the installer again. Check your Applications folder for any file named "Install macOS Catalina.app" and, if there is one, delete it.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

i cant download Catalina!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.