Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to update It tells me the macOS Catalina download is damaged and can't be installed. What now?

When I try to up date my Mac it says the macOS Catalina download is damaged and can't be installed. What now?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 5:21 AM

At the Catalina App Store page does it say 'Open' or 'Get'. If it says open the App Store is detecting a copy of Install macOS Catalina.app. Look in your Applications folder, if you find it move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router using a cabled connection. Restart your mac, open the App Store Catalina

page it should now say 'Get' press that to start the download. Don't use the mac while it is downloading,

and if you have other devices that share the same internet connection don't use them either.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 5:21 AM in response to Alberta007

At the Catalina App Store page does it say 'Open' or 'Get'. If it says open the App Store is detecting a copy of Install macOS Catalina.app. Look in your Applications folder, if you find it move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router using a cabled connection. Restart your mac, open the App Store Catalina

page it should now say 'Get' press that to start the download. Don't use the mac while it is downloading,

and if you have other devices that share the same internet connection don't use them either.

When I try to update It tells me the macOS Catalina download is damaged and can't be installed. What now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.