Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade attempt to Catalina

I am trying to upgrade my MacBook Pro to Catalina but when I run the update I get this message.

"This copy of the Install macOS Catalina application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."

What do I need to do?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 7:53 AM

Ballinlea wrote:

I am trying to upgrade my MacBook Pro to Catalina but when I run the update I get this message.
"This copy of the Install macOS Catalina application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."
What do I need to do?
Thanks

Delete it from the Applications folder, empty the trash and try again.

~/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app"

One cause of damaged downloads is a slow or dodgy download speed— you may need to get closer to the router or get on a different Network, or Ethernet connection

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 7:53 AM in response to Ballinlea

Ballinlea wrote:

What do I need to do?
Thanks

Delete it from the Applications folder, empty the trash and try again.

~/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app"

One cause of damaged downloads is a slow or dodgy download speed— you may need to get closer to the router or get on a different Network, or Ethernet connection

Upgrade attempt to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.