Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t receive email on iPhone or ipad

All of a sudden I can’t receive or send email on iPhone and iPad, but I can on MacBook Pro. Get message that “username or PW for (my email) is incorrect” when sending. For receiving I get message that mail server “imap.comcast.net” is not responding. Verify you have entered the correct account information info in Mail settings.” Xfinity (Comcast) had me change the pw for imap.comcast.net, and I got mail for an hour. Suddenly mail stopped sending and receiving again. Weird that mail has always worked fine for MacBook Pro. Hope someone can help. Thank you!

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 11:51 AM

Go into Settings>Passwords & Accounts, select your Comcast account. Delete the account, power cycle the iPhone off/on. Then go back to Settings and add the account back again. Do the same steps on both devices.

4 replies

May 11, 2020 11:33 AM in response to Freedom Jan

This very thing has happened to me twice this week. First time, I just changed the password and things seemed fine. Today, I tried deleting and re-added my Comcast account on iphone, but it still gave me the IMAP error. I then got onto my PC, where email looked fine, but I changed my password anyhow. I then re-added Comcast account on iphone with new password and it worked. I also decided to add two-factor authentication for extra security because I was thinking maybe I've been hacked.

Can’t receive email on iPhone or ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.