Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won’t accept password-even after Apple ID reset

Restarted my MacBook Air.

wouldnt accept my password on start up

reset using Apple ID.

STILL won’t accept my password.

tried cmd+r - brought me to this message:

”Apple.com/support, -2100F”

searched and found nothing for this error.

tried internet recovery - but every time it asks me to connect to a wifi network, I can’t type anything into the password text box. Like, nothing. I type and nothing happens. I even tried to just type and see if maybe there’s a visual glitch but nope, it doesn’t connect.

tried single user mode but that doesn’t work, just brings me to the regular log-in screen with users.

guest user is open but only allows access to outdated safari browser.

please help!

2011 MacBook Air

4gb/250gb storage

i believe it’s running 10.13.6

PS: when I get to the reset password screen, I click on the Apple icon and click on “startup disk”. I see my usual startup disk, and I can click on it and “unlock it”. I put the password in that I’ve just changed it to using the Apple ID reset and it UNLOCKS. I restart and all and I still cannot get past the log in screen! Because my password is still not accepted.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 2:24 PM

And you cannot choose theNetwork clicking on that?

1. Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following combinations on your keyboard. Command-R is generally recommended, especially if you never installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later… https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904#notupdated

Command (⌘)-R

Install the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

Option-⌘-R

Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac.

Shift-Option-⌘-R

Install the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 2:24 PM in response to millecet

And you cannot choose theNetwork clicking on that?

1. Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following combinations on your keyboard. Command-R is generally recommended, especially if you never installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later… https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904#notupdated

Command (⌘)-R

Install the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

Option-⌘-R

Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac.

Shift-Option-⌘-R

Install the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.

Apr 26, 2020 10:02 PM in response to BDAqua

Mouse Pointer moves.

text cursor blinks

esc button works and brings me to the previous screen with spinning globe and choose connection drop down menu.

I press cmd+r and it brings me to that screen right there.....

what other key combination can I try? I was under the impression cmd+r is internet recovery since that’s what it seems to bring me to... pic attached

Apr 26, 2020 8:02 PM in response to BDAqua

Also, post note: even BEFORE the keyboard shorted out, I had gotten into internet recovery mode as well and was not able to type in the password either. Had to get an open hot spot to connect to the internet. Even then, I don’t remember that route working. I need to get to the terminal to reset all the passwords.

Apr 26, 2020 9:36 PM in response to millecet

YES. Keyboard on the Mac itself is shot. Got rained on. Indoors. Don’t ask :( it’s a sad memory.

Ouch, I've lost $100K of Computer stuff from being rained on Indoors. :(

Does the Mouse pointer move at that point?

You need CMD+r keys to get to Terminal, but looks like were dead in the water... inless maube you can attach a bootable external device & that just happens to work... but it's looking like serious hardware failure.

Mac won’t accept password-even after Apple ID reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.