Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Brightness Question

I have an iPhone 11 Pro and the display brightness is always dimming itself, even after I've manually adjusted it to full brightness. I can adjust the brightness, send a text, close my phone and then open it to read a text reply just moments later and the display has dimmed itself again. Sometimes to less than half. This happens at all times of the day and it's very annoying. My phone is set to dark mode(because I like the dark background), and automatic is turned off. True Tone and Night Shift are also off. Is there a way I can set the screen brightness on my phone to always be full? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 12:38 PM

Greetings, PommeDeNewb.

I see that the display brightness on your iPhone 11 Pro keeps dimming after you've adjusted to full-brightness. You'd like it to stay at the brightness you've set, and I'm glad to help with this.

Use display and text size preferences on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size. Auto-Brightness is down at the bottom of the screen. If it's on, turn it off and test the issue.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 12:38 PM in response to PommeDeNewb

Greetings, PommeDeNewb.

I see that the display brightness on your iPhone 11 Pro keeps dimming after you've adjusted to full-brightness. You'd like it to stay at the brightness you've set, and I'm glad to help with this.

Use display and text size preferences on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size. Auto-Brightness is down at the bottom of the screen. If it's on, turn it off and test the issue.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care.

Display Brightness Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.