Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen brightness regulates itself to 50% on iPhone 13

I have difficulty seeing in dim light, so I adjust my screen brightness setting to about 80%. No matter how often I do it, it keeps reverting back to about 50%. I have tried all suggestions that I have found: auto brightness is off, Night Shift is off, True Tone is off, Low Power Mode is off, I cannot access a White Point setting. Apparently this is not an uncommon problem. Nonetheless I have been unable to correct it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 12:57 AM

It might be a self overheating protection (if the temperature is very high).

See also this support article:--> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

If the issue persists, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 12:57 AM in response to Robmye

It might be a self overheating protection (if the temperature is very high).

See also this support article:--> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

If the issue persists, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Screen brightness regulates itself to 50% on iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.