Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Xr live photos as wallpaper

I’ve read that the iPhone Xr does not support the use of live photos as wallpaper, but I’m still a bit confused because when I try to set a live photo as my wallpaper, it gives me the option to have it live. The wallpaper will not animate once it is set.

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 1:49 PM

Greetings, lilacblossom.

I see that you're unable to see a Live Photo in action when using it for the wallpaper on your iPhone XR. I'm glad to help with this.

Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone -- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch, and make sure that 3D & Haptic Touch is on. You can also adjust the sensitivity and duration if it was already on. An iPhone with 3D or Haptic Touch can use a Live Wallpaper.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 1:49 PM in response to lilacblossom

Greetings, lilacblossom.

I see that you're unable to see a Live Photo in action when using it for the wallpaper on your iPhone XR. I'm glad to help with this.

Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone -- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch, and make sure that 3D & Haptic Touch is on. You can also adjust the sensitivity and duration if it was already on. An iPhone with 3D or Haptic Touch can use a Live Wallpaper.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care.

iPhone Xr live photos as wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.