Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff between XR and MacBook not working

Handoff between my iPhone XR and MacBook Pro (mid 2014) is not working despite settings on both are on.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 1:32 PM

Hello DocBee612,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that Handoff is not working as expected between your iPhone XR and MacBook Pro. You've come to the right place for help.

I'd like to start by having you try the following steps, testing if Handoff starts working after each step:

1. On the iPhone go to Settings > Phone > Blocked. Ensure your Apple ID hasn't accidentally been blocked: Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. On the Mac go to Messages > Preferences > Blocked. Check if your Apple ID is blocked here as well.
  3. Restart both the Mac and iPhone.
  4. Turn off Handoff on both devices, then turn it back on: Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices - Apple Support
  5. Turn off Bluetooth on both devices, then turn it back on.
  6. Restart the Wi-Fi router and or modem.

Let us know if there's any change after trying those steps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 1:32 PM in response to DocBee612

Hello DocBee612,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that Handoff is not working as expected between your iPhone XR and MacBook Pro. You've come to the right place for help.

I'd like to start by having you try the following steps, testing if Handoff starts working after each step:

1. On the iPhone go to Settings > Phone > Blocked. Ensure your Apple ID hasn't accidentally been blocked: Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. On the Mac go to Messages > Preferences > Blocked. Check if your Apple ID is blocked here as well.
  3. Restart both the Mac and iPhone.
  4. Turn off Handoff on both devices, then turn it back on: Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices - Apple Support
  5. Turn off Bluetooth on both devices, then turn it back on.
  6. Restart the Wi-Fi router and or modem.

Let us know if there's any change after trying those steps.

Cheers!

Handoff between XR and MacBook not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.