Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes & OS Yosemite

I've updated to iTunes 12.8.1.3 recently and now when i connect my iPhone, I'm getting the "To use your iPhone with iTunes, you need to install OS X 10.11.4 (or later)." message. I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 on my iMac. I can't however seem to upgrade my OS system any further, I think due to the age of my iMac (late 2009). When I look for system updates, there are none available.

Does anyone know how I can revert my iTunes back, so it is compatible with my iPhone again? Or help me upgrade my OS to it all works together again?

Thanks!

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 4:37 AM

How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan – Apple Support

Go to Section 4 and click on Download OS X El Capitan.

This downloads InstallMacOSX.dmg to your Downloads folder.

When downloaded open to InstallMacOSX.pkg, double-click on

that and an installation window will open, this does not install El Capitan

but converts the .pkg to the Install OS X El Capitan.app which you will find in 

your Applications folder, it should be 6.2GBs in size.

To start the installation of El Capitan double click on the Install OS X El Capitan.app.

The copy of the install app self deletes after installing El Capitan, so make sure you keep a copy of the InstallMacOSX.dmg

if you need it in future, or you could just make a copy of the Install OS X El Capitan.app prior to installing and moving it to

an external drive for safe keeping. It is also possible to create a bootable USB installer disk, using the Install OS X El Capitan.app

in the Applications folder, and the createinstallmedia command in the Terminal app. Read the instructions here,

How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 4:37 AM in response to MattSwims85

How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan – Apple Support

Go to Section 4 and click on Download OS X El Capitan.

This downloads InstallMacOSX.dmg to your Downloads folder.

When downloaded open to InstallMacOSX.pkg, double-click on

that and an installation window will open, this does not install El Capitan

but converts the .pkg to the Install OS X El Capitan.app which you will find in 

your Applications folder, it should be 6.2GBs in size.

To start the installation of El Capitan double click on the Install OS X El Capitan.app.

The copy of the install app self deletes after installing El Capitan, so make sure you keep a copy of the InstallMacOSX.dmg

if you need it in future, or you could just make a copy of the Install OS X El Capitan.app prior to installing and moving it to

an external drive for safe keeping. It is also possible to create a bootable USB installer disk, using the Install OS X El Capitan.app

in the Applications folder, and the createinstallmedia command in the Terminal app. Read the instructions here,

How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support

iTunes & OS Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.