Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blur effect in FCPX

Hey all, I've been using FCP X since many years now. And its like weird to ask this problem out after so much time! :P But, I was also into other softwares..

Anyways, I downloaded FCPX few years back. Now the problem I'm facing is that, the blur section of EFFECTS tab is not at all working fine. This problem was there in the beginning and it is bugging right now as well after so many years!! I dont know when all the things are working fine, why's this particular thing has got the issue?

Suggestions/advices will be welcomed :)

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 8:42 AM

I am surprised that FCP X 10.1.3 even runs in High Sierra.

That version of the application is ancient! It came out when the OS was at 10.8 Mountain Lion.

You can update your FCP X up to, I believe, 10.4 if you are running High Sierra.

You are missing out on years of updates.

8 replies

Apr 27, 2020 9:20 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

You can download the updated version from the App Store. That is the only legal source for the software.

Login with the Apple Id used to purchase, and update. You will get the latest that works on your OS.

Before you upgrade your OS, make sure to have a solid backup.

I don't think you mentioned which mac you have, so I don't know if it can be upgraded to Mojave or Catalina.

Most macs since 2012 can, but you should have at least 4GB of RAM, and enough free space on your drive.

Apr 27, 2020 1:40 PM in response to Orangemagic

I am being cautious because all too often people upgrade without making a backup.

As Murphy's law has it, usually it is when there is no backup that things go wrong.

More often than not, upgrades go smoothly.

But I don't know anything about your software or workflows. Maybe you depend on some program that has not been updated to work on Catalina.

Backup, so you can revert, or install on a separate drive, and if anything goes wrong you can easily go back to the point you were at before upgrading. That is the point.

I have never had to go back to a previous version, but YMMV.

Blur effect in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.