Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch

If my girlfriend buys me an apple watch with cellular on her Verizon account am I able to pair with my iphone (different Verizon account)?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 4:12 PM

If it is linked to her Verizon account, it could not be activated with your cell number, unless your cell number is part of your account. Only numbers that are part of her account can be linked or part of her account. If you have your own Verizon account, you need to activate it as part of your Verizon account.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 4:12 PM in response to Jdirks16

If it is linked to her Verizon account, it could not be activated with your cell number, unless your cell number is part of your account. Only numbers that are part of her account can be linked or part of her account. If you have your own Verizon account, you need to activate it as part of your Verizon account.

Apr 27, 2020 10:55 AM in response to BobHarris

She better be careful. I know of someone that wanted to purchase an Apple Watch, but did not want to purchase a cellular one, through Verizon, but they had a deal on the price. She had not intended to activate the cellular, however Verizon said it was part of the deal and had to activate cellular on her account for the Watch for a set period of time. So, if your girlfriend purchases the Watch, she needs to make sure she does not have to activate it on her account, which would make it impossible for you to activate it on cellular until her term was over. She might be better if the two of you went in together and got it on your account and she reimbursed you, if she is just wanting to pay for it.

Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.