Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages App Completely Blank

I have an iPad Pro in my company that is having issues with the messages app. When opening the app, it shows as completely blank. It does not show the word messages or lines like I've seen in previous posts/questions. I promise there is a screenshot attached....that's how blank it is.

I have made sure that the devices all show the same email address and cellphone number in messages, I've made sure that the forwarding is turned on for the cell to the iPad, I've rebooted the iPad, closed messages app and opened it back up, turned messages off and back on, rebooted in between all steps, and nothing seems to be working. My user is remote and we've already had to reset their iPad once due to an incorrect carrier setting and I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 3:05 AM

Thank you for the suggestions. Before we had a chance to try those, the messages app seemingly randomly started working again. At this point we aren't sure what made it start working again after over a week of not working.

3 replies

Apr 28, 2020 3:48 AM in response to cdcotton

Log-out iCloud, then force-restart:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Sign Out

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After restarting the iPad, log-in again to iCloud - and then test your Messages App.

Messages App Completely Blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.