Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages app issues

When I got my new phone it was fine for a few hours until I wanted to text someone. Then when I opened the app it showed a white screen and crashed.sometimes it crashes the phone and turns it off.

things I’ve tried.

.restarting

.resetting ram

.change WiFi

i need help because I bought a phone to text.

one thing to add is when I was setting up the device it kept saying failed to connect to the servers when putting in my Apple ID.

iPhone 13, 15

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 8:11 AM

Hello, TRISOTRIS.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that the Messages app crashes on your iPhone.

You've done great troubleshooting steps so far. We suggest checking for any available iOS updates before testing Messages again: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're iPhone is up to date but the issue still occurs, reach out to Apple Support directly for a closer look: Contact - Official Apple Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 8:11 AM in response to TRISOTRIS

Hello, TRISOTRIS.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that the Messages app crashes on your iPhone.

You've done great troubleshooting steps so far. We suggest checking for any available iOS updates before testing Messages again: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're iPhone is up to date but the issue still occurs, reach out to Apple Support directly for a closer look: Contact - Official Apple Support

Cheers!

Messages app issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.