Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verifying Paypal account for buying an app

How do I verify my Paypal account for buying an app?

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 7:20 PM

I finally figured this out myself, and at first it was a disgusting cycle. When I wanted to buy an app, it would tell me I needed to log into my Paypal account and verify it. Argh....the time I wasted trying to do this. This directive was false. Instead I needed to log into my Apple ID and make sure everything in the payment section matched what I had on my Paypal account. Turns out I had nothing listed for my shipping address in my Apple ID, and as soon as I entered this my problem was solved. Sometimes people change addresses, or something was added wrong. Check this out first before you go to Paypal

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 7:20 PM in response to musiquebelle

I finally figured this out myself, and at first it was a disgusting cycle. When I wanted to buy an app, it would tell me I needed to log into my Paypal account and verify it. Argh....the time I wasted trying to do this. This directive was false. Instead I needed to log into my Apple ID and make sure everything in the payment section matched what I had on my Paypal account. Turns out I had nothing listed for my shipping address in my Apple ID, and as soon as I entered this my problem was solved. Sometimes people change addresses, or something was added wrong. Check this out first before you go to Paypal

verifying Paypal account for buying an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.