Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How should I update a 10.10.5 Macbook to a 10.14.6, HELP

The operation couldn’t be completed. (PKDownloadError error 3.)

After 15 minutes of installing the downloaded Catalina update, it runs into a problem and breaks off the process.

All I wanted was to update my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) to a newer model.

The error message is as follows: The operation couldn’t be completed. (PKDownloadError error 8.) If anyone can help me update my Macbook Pro 10.10.5 to a 10.14.6 model, it would be appreciated.

Regards, N

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 8:28 PM

(PKDownloadError error 8.)” This error has been reported to occur during installation of MacOS Catalina if the internet connection is disrupted or disconnected. Insure that the Mac has an active wi-fi or ethernet connection and that the internet works as expected, and then try installing MacOS Catalina again.

Troubleshooting MacOS Catalina Problems | OSXDaily

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 8:28 PM in response to noor-

(PKDownloadError error 8.)” This error has been reported to occur during installation of MacOS Catalina if the internet connection is disrupted or disconnected. Insure that the Mac has an active wi-fi or ethernet connection and that the internet works as expected, and then try installing MacOS Catalina again.

Troubleshooting MacOS Catalina Problems | OSXDaily

How should I update a 10.10.5 Macbook to a 10.14.6, HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.