Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microphone icon always appears whenever I use google meet

hello, I'm having trouble with my MacBook Pro here. In this quarantine time, I use video conference tool like zoom and google meet a lot. but the thing is, whenever I use google meet (using safari), a microphone icon suddenly popped up on my menu bar and I can't do anything about it. it won't go away from the menu bar UNLESS I turn my MacBook off, even when I already close the tab and the safari window. its been budging me because I'm working on my paper and I have so many files opened and safari windows that really can't be closed because it is very important it will mess up my work. I already searched everywhere for this problem's solution without having to turn my MacBook off but failed to do so. Anyone, please kindly help me. thank you 🙏 ps it won't budge even when I click the "unmute for google meet" the icon is still there, and still like that.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 4:29 AM

karadelasagna wrote:

whenever I use google meet (using safari), a microphone icon suddenly popped up on my menu bar and I can't do anything about it. it won't go away

Third party app—

Google Meet Help - Google Support

Troubleshoot issues with Google Meet - Google Meet Help

3 replies

microphone icon always appears whenever I use google meet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.