Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not loading in contacts.

Is anybody else having this issue? My photographs are not loading in my contacts. When I add one it shows - and then disappears in no time at all.

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 4:42 AM

6 replies

Apr 28, 2020 9:54 AM in response to hartlepoolmonkey

What system version are you running?

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Apr 29, 2020 8:58 AM in response to hartlepoolmonkey

That's too bad you weren't able to get it working. It's so convenient to see who's calling when their picture is on the screen or on an email/message.

Did you try logging into another user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists there. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

If it works in the other account, go back to your account and download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Add Text button to include the report in your reply. How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the app's Privacy preference pane so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

ALSO IMPORTANT:

Then we can examine the report and see if we can determine the root of the problem.

Apr 29, 2020 5:47 AM in response to Old Toad

Hi OT. Having spent an hour chatting to an Apple Consultant this morning - and a further hour on the phone trying to sort this error out, it was decided, eventually, for me to re-install High Sierra to see if that solved the problem. Three hours later and I'm afraid I have the same situation - so I give up. Having photographs in my contacts is not the end of the world. We have more important issues to worry about!! Thank you for your time.

Apr 29, 2020 11:53 AM in response to hartlepoolmonkey

OT. I'm afraid it's all a bit too technical to me. I'll have a go at a later time to see what happens. I also have a MacBook Pro and my contacts folder in there is perfect. I am wondering whether I can put the Contacts.app on a memory stick and transfer it to my High Sierra desktop system. I will try it as I have nothing to lose.

Photos not loading in contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.