Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Called failed when making call from Watch

Hi all,

I have Apple Watch 5 and I'm having issues when i try to make call from my watch. Error that I'm receiving is Called failed.

Does anyone have tip how to fix this error?

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 1:16 PM

Hi, poonam3!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're having issues making calls from your Apple Watch Series 5. When you try, you get an error that the call failed. I'm happy to help!

First, check for--and install--any available updates for both your Apple Watch: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support and its companion iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

After updating, see if you're able to make calls from your Apple Watch. If not, reset the network settings on your iPhone by going into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This step shouldn't remove any of your personal data, but it will remove saved Wi-Fi networks, as well as any previously connected APN or VPN settings.

Should you still be unable to make a call from your watch, try unpairing it from the companion iPhone: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support then setting it up again: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Best!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 1:16 PM in response to poonam3

Hi, poonam3!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're having issues making calls from your Apple Watch Series 5. When you try, you get an error that the call failed. I'm happy to help!

First, check for--and install--any available updates for both your Apple Watch: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support and its companion iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

After updating, see if you're able to make calls from your Apple Watch. If not, reset the network settings on your iPhone by going into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This step shouldn't remove any of your personal data, but it will remove saved Wi-Fi networks, as well as any previously connected APN or VPN settings.

Should you still be unable to make a call from your watch, try unpairing it from the companion iPhone: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support then setting it up again: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Best!

Called failed when making call from Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.