You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JVC Camcorder as USB Webcam? 3rd party drivers? Imagemixer update?

I have an old JVC GR-DV800U camcorder.

In the manual, it states that you can connect it via USB to use it as a webcam. http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/00/00/96/LYT1106-001A.pdf (see page 67).

However, this relies on a program called "PIXELA ImageMixer," which was included on a CD with the camera, but is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.15.4. It's a 32 bit app.

Are there any 3rd party drivers or software to let me use this as a webcam? I'm working from home and trying to do Webex videoconferencing.

I've checked the system report in "about this Mac", and the computer sees the device on the USB bus, but when I run Webex or other video software, it doesn't show the video feed.

Thanks!

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 11:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 11:39 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot use this camcorder as a webcams for modern Macintosh devices.

2 replies

JVC Camcorder as USB Webcam? 3rd party drivers? Imagemixer update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.