Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime

My FaceTime works fine with my mini iPad, but I was trying to connect with my Mac desktop without success. Any suggestions of what to check with the Mac desktop? Thanks!

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 3:47 PM

Hello bp243,

If you've already followed the troubleshooting suggestions in Use FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support and If FaceTime isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support, I suggest contacting Apple Support next:

Get Support

If you're wanting to delete names from the call history on your iPad, here's how to do so:

Make and receive FaceTime calls on iPad - Apple Support

"Delete a call from your call history

In FaceTime, swipe left over the call in your call history, then tap Delete."

Best regards.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 3:47 PM in response to bp243

Hello bp243,

If you've already followed the troubleshooting suggestions in Use FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support and If FaceTime isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support, I suggest contacting Apple Support next:

Get Support

If you're wanting to delete names from the call history on your iPad, here's how to do so:

Make and receive FaceTime calls on iPad - Apple Support

"Delete a call from your call history

In FaceTime, swipe left over the call in your call history, then tap Delete."

Best regards.

Apr 29, 2020 6:43 PM in response to bp243

Hello bp243,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're unable to use FaceTime on your Mac, however it works fine on your iPad mini. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

Check out the following support article, which provides some troubleshooting steps to try if FaceTime isn't working as expected:

If FaceTime isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

If you're still experiencing an issue after, could you provide more details about what's happening? Here are some questions that would be helpful to answer:

1. What's happening when you try to use FaceTime?
  2. If you encounter an error, what does it say?
  3. What steps are you taking when you get to this point?

Cheers!

Apr 29, 2020 7:06 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks for reaching out! Here are the answers to your questions:

1. When a friend tried to include me with others for a group call, my mini iPad rang, but the desktop did not, so I joined the group on the iPad.
  2. There was no error that I could see on the desktop.
  3. When the mini iPad rang, it worked so I just used that, but it got me wondering why the desktop didn't ring, also.

FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.