Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On this account isn’t enabled music on iCloud, or something similar (I’m Italian)

why does my ipad continuously say that on my account music is not enabled on my account? I only unsubscribed to Apple Music, since that time I can’t use Music that this system message appears and it also appears other times, totally random I think

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 12:39 PM

Hey Samuele13,

Thanks for taking the time to try those steps and for getting back to us with those details. I'd recommend trying these steps next:

• Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
  • Restart your iPhone.
  • Verify you're connected to a strong Wi-Fi or cellular network.
  • Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > Sign In.
  • Open the Music app and take some time to test for the behavior.

If the prompt continues, use these steps to remove the Music app from your device and download it again. This will also remove any downloaded content within the Music app and can be redownloaded after the app is reinstalled:

"Delete a built-in app from your device

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold the app.
    2. Tap Rearrange Apps.
    3. Tap  in the upper-left corner to delete the app.
    4. Tap Delete. Then on an iPhone X or later, tap Done. Or on an iPhone 8 or earlier, press the Home button.

If you have an Apple Watch, deleting an app from your iPhone also deletes that app from your Apple Watch.

Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the App Store.
    2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
    3. Tap  to restore the app.
    4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch."

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 12:39 PM in response to Samuele13

Hey Samuele13,

Thanks for taking the time to try those steps and for getting back to us with those details. I'd recommend trying these steps next:

• Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
  • Restart your iPhone.
  • Verify you're connected to a strong Wi-Fi or cellular network.
  • Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > Sign In.
  • Open the Music app and take some time to test for the behavior.

If the prompt continues, use these steps to remove the Music app from your device and download it again. This will also remove any downloaded content within the Music app and can be redownloaded after the app is reinstalled:

"Delete a built-in app from your device

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold the app.
    2. Tap Rearrange Apps.
    3. Tap  in the upper-left corner to delete the app.
    4. Tap Delete. Then on an iPhone X or later, tap Done. Or on an iPhone 8 or earlier, press the Home button.

If you have an Apple Watch, deleting an app from your iPhone also deletes that app from your Apple Watch.

Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the App Store.
    2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
    3. Tap  to restore the app.
    4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch."

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Apr 30, 2020 10:36 AM in response to Samuele13

Hi Samuele13,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're seeing a message related to a music account when you're trying to use the Music app on your device. I also see that you've recently canceled an Apple Music subscription. I know it's important to be able to use the Music app without a subscription to Apple Music; I'd like to help. Take some time to work through the steps below:

If the issue persists, please provide the following details:

Which iOS version are you using with your iPad?

Can you provide the exact text of the error message that you see?

Did this behavior start after canceling your Apple Music subscription?

Best Regards.

May 1, 2020 1:39 AM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks a lot, but the problem persist. I understand I can’t use music if I haven’t paid, but this bug is annoying. I provide you some photos (my iPad has an Italian setup, it says what I wrote on the title). I’m using iPadOS 13.4.1. And yes, it started after cancelling the subscription. It appears rarely when I turn on the iPad or when I open Music (I’ll try not to do it anymore), and if I click ‘ok’, the system message reappears a couple of time.

May 6, 2020 8:56 AM in response to Samuele13

Hey Samuele13,

You're most welcome! We're happy to hear that signing out of the iTunes Store and back in stopped the prompt from appearing. If you'd like to troubleshoot the issue with music not playing, I'd suggest using the steps previously provided to remove and reinstall the Music app. If you continue to have trouble, get back to us.

Otherwise, please don't hesitate to reach back out in Apple Support Communities again in the future.

Take Care.

On this account isn’t enabled music on iCloud, or something similar (I’m Italian)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.