Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery health

i just started using my iphone 8 in february so 2 months ago and the battery health is already down to 80%. i mean i don’t think that’s normal as in the first month is went down by 2 and that’s understandable but 18% in a month isn’t normal and i dont know what to do as my apple care + has expired so i would have to pay for the battery replacement (which i don’t mind doing but i don’t think an 18% decrease is normal that’s why) and due to the coronavirus outbreak, apple stores are closed i’m not sure what to do. so any tips on how to prolong battery health?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 9:41 AM

And I'm assuming it just sat in the box not being used or charged? If that's correct, Lithium Ion batteries degrade with lack of use all on their own. It's actually bad for them to become fully discharged.

You'll need to pay for a battery replacement from Apple. DO NOT get an aftermarket battery.

Similar questions

8 replies

battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.