Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trackpad problem in macbook pro

my trackpad in macbook pro 2018 work with a simple touch and a little little pressure and then clicks automatically over and over continual

what should i do ?

there is no option in setting and i confused

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 7:46 AM

mj-amirjani Said:

[...]trackpad problem in macbook pro:

my trackpad in macbook pro 2018 work with a simple touch and a little little pressure and then clicks automatically over and over continual[...]

———-

First, Restart the Mac:

Having you made any changes(i.e, updates or installs)? If so, restart the Mac - shut it down, wait 30 seconds, then power it up.

Then...

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for the microphone) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

See if this now works.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 7:46 AM in response to mj-amirjani

mj-amirjani Said:

[...]trackpad problem in macbook pro:

my trackpad in macbook pro 2018 work with a simple touch and a little little pressure and then clicks automatically over and over continual[...]

———-

First, Restart the Mac:

Having you made any changes(i.e, updates or installs)? If so, restart the Mac - shut it down, wait 30 seconds, then power it up.

Then...

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for the microphone) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

See if this now works.

trackpad problem in macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.