Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move iTunes Library from Windows to Mac Catalina

What's the best way to move the iTunes Library from Windows 10 to a Mac with OSX Catalina?

In addition, on Windows I don't have my files inside Music/iTunes, but elsewhere organized as I prefear (And I would like to avoid a copy of the entire music archive, several GB). Can I keep this structure on Mac moving from Windows to Catalina?

Thank you in advance

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 4:30 AM

Vberta,

On my computer, the iTunes folder is in a folder called Music. I put it there from Windows, pre-Catalina. Wherever you put it, make sure the setting is consistent with the iTunes Media folder location shown in Preferences > Files.

Consult this document by turingtest2 before you start: Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community Also, make sure you keep a backup in case it is ever needed.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 4:30 AM in response to vberta

Vberta,

On my computer, the iTunes folder is in a folder called Music. I put it there from Windows, pre-Catalina. Wherever you put it, make sure the setting is consistent with the iTunes Media folder location shown in Preferences > Files.

Consult this document by turingtest2 before you start: Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community Also, make sure you keep a backup in case it is ever needed.

Move iTunes Library from Windows to Mac Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.