Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X

I have an iphone X and some of the contacts are missing. There are on my phone because when a friend texts me it comes up with their name. When I try to add them, it shows that they are already there however, I cannot find their name when I search in the Contact List.

I tried rebooting my phone several times and it does not fix the problem.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 3:15 PM

Is it possible that you have more than one group in Contacts? If you open the contacts app, when looking at the list of contacts, have you tried to search for their name, or part of it? Do you see All Contacts listed in the upper left corner of the Contacts App?

Or better yet, try the following:

Go to Contacts. Upper Left hand corner, tap "Groups". You may have more than one account apart from your iCloud account, like Gmail. In this case, it might be that only one account is checked so just check all accounts including your iCloud account & WALA.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 3:15 PM in response to BH95

Is it possible that you have more than one group in Contacts? If you open the contacts app, when looking at the list of contacts, have you tried to search for their name, or part of it? Do you see All Contacts listed in the upper left corner of the Contacts App?

Or better yet, try the following:

Go to Contacts. Upper Left hand corner, tap "Groups". You may have more than one account apart from your iCloud account, like Gmail. In this case, it might be that only one account is checked so just check all accounts including your iCloud account & WALA.

Iphone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.