Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused about wireless sync

I have looked for information about this problem but keep finding bits here and there. I'm hoping someone can help me put it all together.

I have a new (early 2020) 13" MacBook Air (running Catalina). I bought an adapter so that I could connect my iPhone to the machine for syncing. I plugged in, my phone showed up in Finder, I enabled the wireless sync option in Finder under the General tab, and I was able to sync. I . Here is where I have questions.

First, is there a wifi sync option on my iPhone (8 Plus, iso 13.3.1)? I gather there isn't, given what I've read on some forums, but thought I could be missing it.

Second, once I eject my phone from Finder, which I have to do because it is physically connected, I no longer see my phone in Finder. It's on the same network, so how do I make it show up?

I like Apple products, but it's been frustrating to try to make all this work and it seems like it shouldn't be this hard.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 1:40 PM

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

If you have a dual band router your computer and iPhone may be connecting on different bands which means they won't see each other.

6 replies

Confused about wireless sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.